It was POURING rain yesterday. I wanted to quit so bad, but I told myself, "Self, you better stick this out. Otherwise you will fail at everything the rest of your life." Which is probably not true, but it got me into gear. So, the coolest thing ever happened. I walked passed a home that I had already talked to the day before, and the missionaries are sitting out on the porch with the girl who lives there! I saw them come out of that home a few days before, and I wanted to go say hi, but they left before I could get overthere. So this time I was like, "Cool, I'll go say hi, and it will give me a chance to get out of the rain for a second." So I walked on over and she remembered me from the previous day, and then I said hi to her and the missionaries and introduced myself as a member of the Church. They all thought it was neat, and then the girl was like, "Do you want to go to church with me on Sunday?" I was like, "Um, YES! That would be awesome!" Apparently she has been meeting with the missionaries for a year, and has only gone to church like six times because she doesn't like to go by herself. Which I totally understand. So RIGHT when I walked up the missionaries had just asked her to go to church, and she was like, "I want to but I don't want to go by myself," and then MIRACLE... a strange girl in a bright orange shirt walks up who has just moved into the area and doesn't have anyone to go to church with, either. SO COOL! They asked me to come to a lesson on Saturday, but I work the whole day. But I have a half hour for lunch so if I'm still in the area I'll go. It's just so cool because the reason I took this job was to save for my mission, and as a bonus it's nice practice walking around talking to people, and now I'll literally be doing missionary work while I'm here. Its like the coolest thing ever.
After the missionaries left I bore my testimony of how great church is, how powerful the atonement is, and how awesome baptism is. And I loved it because it was REAL and I feel like everything in my job constitutes of telling truths in a round about way, but the gospel doesn't need you to beat around the bush. You just say it how it is. AWESOME.
That's so awesome! You haven't been over lately to tell me these stories. Sad day :(
ReplyDeleteThis is the best story EVER! I read all your posts today and I seriously laughed my butt off! You are so funny! It's so great that you are keeping record of these experiences. You will really treasure them!
ReplyDeleteThat is sooo neat Amanda! I'm so glad you got to have that experience in the midst of a difficult work day.. You deserve it!
ReplyDelete